Monday, May 27, 2013

PBA EXPERIENCE LEAGUE AT PINOLE VALLEY LANES

PBA Experience League: Tuesday nights at 7:00 beginning June 4th. It's scratch doubles with four games per
night for $20.00. Garrett told me he's bowling with Mike in this one. There's a league meeting on May 28th at 7:00. I'll attend the meeting and see if someone needs a partner. Adam said he might need one. If he can't find someone who would give him a decent chance of winning, I may team up with him.

I'm also bowling in a handicap PBA Experience league at Diablo Valley Bowl on Monday nights. Bowling in a sport condition league last summer helped me considerably so I'm doubling down this summer.

'via Blog this'

2 comments:

  1. I had every intention of joining this league until tonight's clusterf*ck of a meeting. I was quickly reminded of why I stopped bowling at Pinole Valley Lanes in 2010. Except for the chance to hang out with Garrett, Mike, and Kevin for awhile, it was a wasted evening.

    The meeting was chaotic and the bowlers were steered to vote for a non-sanctioned league with an eight-point scoring method per two-game set (one point per game and two points per set). The rationale for this peculiar scoring method was not explained. The vote on whether the league should be sanctioned resulted in a tie. It was proposed that we wait until the second week of the season and take another vote.

    I'm not about to go two weeks in the season only to have it become a non-sanctioned league. I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have made it clear that the league bowls four games per night in two sets of two games. A team bowls two games on one pair of lanes, then moves to another pair of lanes to bowl two more against a different opponent.

      Each game won by the team will be worth one point and each two-game set won will be worth two points. With four game points and four set points, the total number of points on the line each night is eight. I don't see the logic in giving a set twice the value of a game and nobody there seemed able or willing to provide the rationale behind it.

      I was going to propose a twenty-point system with match points between the individual bowlers but there was so much bickering and arguing over trivial things, I figured I wouldn't get anywhere with it. I have an extremely low tolerance for chaos and poor organization, so I will have to pass on this league.

      Delete